Competence Consultants breaks through resistance to change to transform organizational cultures. Below are some of the results of our work:
- Designed a foundational workshop to create common language, frameworks and understandings of issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression.
- Developed an innovative model and framework for policies addressing issues of diversity, equity, access, inclusion and/or oppression
- Facilitated an organizational process to address client accountability regarding harassing behaviours that resulted in a resource tool for service providers working with clients with mental heath issues.
- Enhanced the climate of a variety of organizations through the implementation of ongoing organizational development processes.
- Developed a cultural competence assessment process for reviewing organizational systems and processes.
- Facilitated a research project to determine the role of volunteerism in the settlement and civic participation of new immigrants.
I have been working with Gloria and Douglas since October, 2000. Their in-depth knowledge of cultural competence and human rights and their great teamwork results in consistently high-quality sessions. They tailor their material to the unique circumstances of the organization so that it is practical and meets the needs of the individual groups they are working with. Heres just a sampling of what our staff have had to say from recent sessions held with Gloria and Douglas:
"I liked the interaction with peers and examples of discrimination/privilege and relating it in a practical way to our work lives." "Presenters great; clearly presented, simple effective examples." "I liked everything: discussions, different views, examples from everyday life." "It ma
Senior Manager, Organizational Development Toronto Central Community Care Access Centre